Monday, October 25, 2021

Gloria

There's no other way for me to tell you. Brace yourself. 

Gloria was returning Sunday night from a trip with two of her friends On October 10 when they were all involved in a car-pedestrian accident. Her friends were both injured, but will fully recover. Gloria's injuries were much more severe, and she never regained consciousness. She passed away last Monday.

She didn't suffer. And she escaped what would have been the cruelest life imaginable, because she had suffered severe damage to her brain. It was a horrible, tragic outcome, but the only other possible outcome would have been even worse. 

Eli 18. 3 came home last Sunday and flew back to Oxford today. We have done everything possible to be as healthy as possible, including talking to my therapist at length about grief. Eli is a healthy, strong man, and he will emerge from this a better person. We both know this, even as we go through unimaginable pain.

I know that many of you have gone through something like this, but others haven't. I've learned so much about what this is like, and there are so many things I wish someone had told me before it happened. 

I get to be that person for you.

I'm not sure how much I'll be able to post this week, but over the next week or so, I'll explain everything I've learned that might help you if you ever find yourself in this situation. 

I hope to god you won't. 

Site Meter