Wednesday, August 25, 2004

My Bologna Has a First Name, It's D-E-A-T-H

Thanks to the unreasonably witty Andrew Borelli for sending me this e-mail (very slightly edited):
If you think the contents of bologna is bad, you'd love an Italian cold cut that probably doesn't appear anywhere that Italians have not been (like Texas). Step into any respectable Brooklyn deli in my old neighborhood and you can order a pound of mortadella - a pink, wide, thinly sliced meat with visible fat pockets and a richness that literally sticks to the roof of your mouth. Favorite of Italian subs everywhere.

Here's the punchline. "Mortadella" literally means "meat of the dead."

I was shrieking like a schoolgirl when I read his e-mail. Name a movie 'Visible Fat Pockets' and I'll be scared out of my skin. The only thing better than eating fat pockets are having them stick to the roof of your mouth.

Feel free to print this out and put it on your refrigerator if you're dieting. I'm happy to help.



Site Meter