Wednesday, November 10, 2004

The Dino Detective

Sometimes I post stories that wind up leading off in crazy directions because of your e-mail.

I posted an entry on October 25 titled 'Another Family Dinner,' and I talked about dinosaurs as meter maids.

If this is the first time you've read this blog, I have no advice for you at this point. Good luck.

In response to this story, David Hoffman sent me an e-mail about the 'Rex' series of novels, where gumshoe detective Vincent Rubio is, literally, a dinosaur. In this alternate reality, dinosaurs never became extinct and live among us to this day, thanks to their gradual downsizing over the eons and the use of extraordinarily sophisticated body suits called 'guises.'

It sounds strange, I admit, but the books are very well-written and extremely funny. If you're interested, they're written in this order: Casual Rex, Anonymous Rex, and Hot and Sweaty Rex. If you like detective stories and/or like to laugh, I think you'll enjoy them.

Site Meter