Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Random Notes

I found an elbow in my Wendy's chili today. I think that's going to pay off big.

After much experimentation over the last decade, I have now perfected an answer to the dreaded question "Do I look fat?" The correct answer is "You're a skeleton, headed toward wraith. I can almost feel your evil." I guarantee that's both a winning answer and a conversation stopper.

Richard Linklater is directing A Scanner Darkly, an adaptation of the Philip K. Dick novel of the same name. Dick's stories were generally paranoid (and brilliant), but A Scanner Darkly is probably his darkest, most paranoid work. There's a trailer out and here's a link:
http://tinyurl.com/6w5yv.

I'm not sure what happened, but my body has apparently been turned over to someone else. I swam a thousand meter time trial yesterday in 19:40, which for a slug like me is utterly ridiculous. Maybe it's the freezing cold water.

Site Meter