Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Unfortunate Abbreviation Theater, Vol. 3

You're a bunch of funny people.

From Steve Smith:
When at work, I telnet to my home server and check my home email with the old text email reader "elm." I must have gotten on my alma mater's mailing list, because I got an email from the Colorado State University Rams alumni association this morning. I scanned through it quickly getting ready to delete it when my eyes came upon the unfortunately wordwrapped
line:

ASSMATE Denver RAM Network

That's not a network that I really want to belong to. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

And one from Kato Katonian:
A few years back I decided to go to the movies to check out Guy Ritchie's new film whose one-word title happens to also coincide with an American slang word. I don't remember if it was a weekday or a weekend, but the abbreviated title on my ticket stub read: "Adult Wee Snatch".

Site Meter