Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Eli 4.2 Gets Mad and An Interesting Discovery

Eli Gets Mad
One of Eli 4.2’s dinosaur books talks about the stegosaurus having plates on its back with large blood vessels, and when they were “angry or hot,” the blood that pumped through the blood vessels made the plates flush red.

Gloria was reading this section of the book to Eli when he suddenly ran off, shouting “I’ve got to get something!” He comes back with a plastic stegosaurus and a red pen, and starts marking the plates with the red pen.

I walked through the living room and he showed me the dinosaur. “Look, Daddy, he’s MAD,” he said. I said it was very clever, and went about my business.

I came back out a few minutes later, and Eli wasn’t around. A few minutes later, he came down the stairs, shouting “Look! I’M mad! Grrr!” And if being covered in red marker from elbow to fingertips means mad, then he certainly was.

An Interesting Discovery
After his bath last night, Eli put on his pajamas and decided to wear a regular t-shirt (iguanas) to bed because it’s one of his favorites. For some reason, though the shirt tag was scratching him. He went downstairs to find Gloria, and as he started to come back up, I saw the tag sticking out of his shirt.

“Hey Daddy!” he said. “My SHIRT is the BACKWARDS of my PENIS!”

“I can’t wait to hear why,” I said.

“Well,” he said, “when my PENIS gets STIFF, I point it DOWN and it stops bothering me. But when the TAG in my SHIRT is bothering me, I have to point it UP to get it to stop bothering me.”

I hope he doesn’t get those two methods confused, or I’ll be getting a call from his pre-school.

Site Meter