Tuesday, October 04, 2005

The Entertainer

Eli 4.2 has been in fine form lately. I'm working on several columns about the Corpus Christi trip, but here are some of his observations.

Before we left, Eli was saying goodbye to the kittens. He hugged Gracie and said "Girl, I'm sorry, but everybody knows that long-distance relationships don't work."

That's a line from Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders.

We went to the Texas State Aquarium after we got into town on Friday. The entrance to the parking lot had one of those mechanical arms that raises and lowers automatically. We pulled up the gate, waited, and the arm raised. Eli said "Thanks, sign!"

On Saturday, we ate at Dairy Queen--the same Dairy Queen that I ate in regularly when I was a boy. Remodeled, but it was the same location, just a block from my old house. Gloria ordered a foot-long chili dog--and ate it. Later that night, she put her hands on her stomach and said "I can't believe I ate that entire chili dog. I feel fat."

Eli, delighted, said "I KNEW you were going to say that!"

I might have, um, occasionally said that in the past. Eli, though, said it with flair.

On Sunday morning, before we left town, we took him to a park with a giant playscape. In Corpus, even in the early fall, it gets hot and humid very early in the day, and even though it was only 9:30, it was blazing. We played for about half an hour and then headed back to the car to drive home. I looked at Eli and said "So, what did you think of the park?"

He said "This park is too hot. It needs air C. And I mean desperately!"

Site Meter