Thursday, August 24, 2006

That's Biomedical

I heard a commercial on the radio while I was driving home from work yesterday. It was for the "Southwest Institute of Technology," I believe.

When I was a kid, that would have been called a "trade school."

The commercial features two guys in a bar, talking about the great degrees they got at SIT. One majored in robotics, and one majored in "biomedical."

So what do they do with all this newfound, high-powered education? Why, they use it to pick up stupid chicks--of course! They start talking to two women who sound like their combined I.Q. is 60, and they're absolutely wowed by the words "robotics" and "biomedical." Sounds like a hook-up is all but guaranteed, thanks to the Southwest Institute of Technology.

Then the generic announcer voice comes on and says "You'll be learning to repair medical equipment--that's biomedical."

They didn't say what "robotics" meant. Maybe it's changing the filter on a Roomba.

Site Meter