Friday, August 11, 2006

Wildnerness Safety, Vol. 7

Eli 5.0 was looking through one of his toy bins. "SWEET MOTHER OF VENUS!" he shouted, holding up an action figure he'd lost weeks ago.

That's a line from Finding Nemo. Not that I knew that at the time.

Last night, the conversation somehow turned to what was safe to eat and drink. I explained to him why he should only eat things he knows are food, and that if he saw what he thought was food in the woods, he needed to have a grown-up identify it first.

"Because it could make me sick if it was poison berries or something," he said.

"That's right."

"Well, don't worry Daddy. I'll never take that chance, because I'll never go into the WILD without a CAR."

I'm not exactly sure how driving a car protects you from poison berries, but I'll take his word for it.

Site Meter