Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Abate

I'm writing this while I listen to a five-star performance of Hangar 18 on Expert on You Tube.

It's, um, not going real well with Hangar 18 so far. It's a long song, there are a ton of intricate solos, and it's fast. Very fast. I do like the song, though, so it's not like Laid to Rest, which I developed a mental block about because I really disliked the music.

I drove past what looked like a bank yesterday and the sign just said "AMPLIFY."

That's just great. The great marketing verbing push has begun.

Actually, I may have just started the gerunding push there.

I really don't want this to become a trend, because I cannot function in a world where store names are random verbs. I'll never remember that my insurance agency is named "EMERGE" and my gym is named "SHAKE." I don't want a coffee house named "MURMURS," even though it's kind of catchy, and don't even get me started about a gas station named "GARN."

Site Meter