Thursday, August 09, 2007

Problem Identified

First off, thank you very, very much for all your suggestions. It's like having the best 24x7 tech support in the world.

Second, here's the problem. I have a spam filter called Cloudmark Desktop, which I have had an incredibly positive experience with--it's easy to use, totally effective, and I couldn't be happier.

Unfortunately, there appears to have been some kind of "event" yesterday around the time my Outlook stopped working that affected quite a few other people, too. Here's a link to the thread in their forums.

People are pretty pissed off, understandably.

There's a recommended procedure to fix this (uninstall, rename a folder, reinstall) recommended by a forum user, and it appears to have worked for people. I'm leaving for work, but I'm going to try it as soon as I get back home.

Site Meter