Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Super Mario Strikers Charged

I picked up Super Mario Strikers Charged to play with Eli 6.0.

We've been playing as teammates in Mario Party 8 for about two months now. Mario Party 8 is not a game I would recommend to someone without kids, but in cooperative mode, it's very fun to play together.

Mario Party is mostly turn-based, though. The mini-games can get crazy, but all in all, the pace is very manageable, even for Eli.

So we put in Mario Strikers today and all hell breaks loose. I started writing down what we were saying during matches because it was completely frantic.

Here's what we said (all shouted):
I exploded!

Bananas!

Watch out for that fish!

That's a COW!

Tractor!

Is that a shark or a dog?

I'm frozen!

Turtle shell!

How did you do that?

I don't know!

That was in just the first thirty minutes. Now I understand what Penny Arcade was talking about here.

Site Meter