Wednesday, November 21, 2007

More Rock Band Notes (360)

I'll have a higher-level impressions post in a few days, but for right now, I'm just going to put out notes as I go.

--JC Fedorczyk let me know (and I confirmed with my copy) that Dolby Digital is, by default, turned OFF. Go into the Options menu and enable it if you have a Dolby Digital-capable receiver. If you thought the game sounded good before, just wait.
--playing drums on "Gimme Shelter" is a pure gaming heaven experience. Even on Medium.
--the song order is different for guitar solo tour than it is for drum solo tour.
--I was missing more notes than I should have been yesterday, and I was having a hard time adjusting to the guitar. I had a 198 note streak just a few minutes ago, so I think I'm getting used to the different feel.

My e-mail is absolutely packed with comments from you guys about the game. I'll try to sort through it and use as much as I can over the next few days.

One last note. The number of auctions on eBay was up to 3,500 last night, and prices plummeted. I've seen auctions close today anywhere from $150 (below retail) to $220. The number of auctions has gone down to 2,700, and I'll be curious to see what happens to auction prices when that drops below 1,500, because it will. I expect prices to go back up into the $250-$300 range, but then, I didn't expect prices to drop today, either.

With limited supply and people raving about Band World Tour mode, I don't see how auction prices are going to do anything but go up.

Site Meter