Monday, February 04, 2008

RISK: Black Ops

I don't normally link to board game news (nothing personal, I just can't keep up as it is), but I'm making an exception for several reasons.

When I was in high school, I played RISK with my friends. A lot. In subsequent years, I played computer versions (a few were fairly good), but it just wasn't the same as sitting around a table with my friends and playing the game together.

Please note: this might be the only time I ever use the phrase "sitting around a table with my friends."

Also please note: I'm so old that any version of RISK without Kamchatka feels very, very wrong.

Lara Crigger (aka "outstanding writer Lara Crigger") posted last week at Gamers With Jobs (aka "future world dominators") about a new version of RISK.

A new version of the board game.

It's called RISK: Black Ops, and it looks cool. Very cool.

Lara's post is here, and N'Gai Croal has a long post about it today over at Level Up.

Site Meter