Thursday, April 10, 2008

Mr. Safety

We have a fire ant mount in the backyard, and I picked up some deadly yellow crystals or something to kill them. Eli's soccer field (spring league started last week) has at least a dozen big mounds, so I took the yellow death with me to treat those mounds, too.

I'm so paranoid about this stuff that I put the bottle inside a plastic bag, then knotted the bag before I put it in the back of Gloria's RAV4 (we always take her car to the field, because it can hold about a ton of gear).

Today, Gloria was on her way out the door to pick up Eli from school.

"Hey, let me get that fire ant container out of your car," I said. "If you get rear-ended, and the bottle should fly from behind the seat into the interior of the car, and the plastic bag should break open, and the bottle should open in mid-air, then you'd both be breathing poison dust."

"Um, okay," she said.

"That's just the most likely scenario," I said. "I"m not even going to discuss the unusual stuff."

"Because that would be crazy," she said.

"Exactly," I said.

Site Meter