Thursday, July 31, 2008

I Couldn't Even Make Up Anything This Stupid

There are no CPU sliders in Madden.

Here's an epic response by a Madden senior designer to a thermonuclear thread over at Operation Sports:
There are in fact no CPU sliders. I discovered this myself about 2 weeks ago as well, and was kind of wondering when I should break the news. I wish I had an explanation, but I don't. There's not all that much more I can say about it...

There's one other bit of bad news that I discovered at the same time, and that is there is no custom controller configuration any more. Again, I don't really have an explanation.

PS - In the build where I was adjusting sliders, I was adjusting User INT's to zero - so the human wouldn't pick off the QB as much (since I know people were originally concerned that the CPU QB threw too many picks).

(ducks out of way of flying chairs)

So anyway - I don't know what else to say really.

So here's the situation: Tiburon has never been able to balance gameplay out of the box, and now they've taken away the only tool we had to make the game better.

Believe me, this is not going to go over well. After NCAA, where the CPU sliders don't even work, can it get any more pathetic than this?

Oh, and incredibly, Bill Abner (again!) is one of the first people on the planet to get a copy of the game, and he's writing impressions here.

Site Meter