Tuesday, January 06, 2009

And The Horse You Rode In On That's Standing On Me

I got a second injection in my shoulder today. The bursitis was gone, then came back, so this second injection is the last one before an MRI and possible arthroscopic surgery (if the injection doesn't work).

I've gotten plenty of shots in my life, but I remember two in particular. The first was a tetanus shot when I was a kid, and it felt like hot syrup going into my arm. The second was an injection into the bottom of my foot, under the metatarsals (almost zero padding), which was in 2002.

Today, though, rises to #1 on the Greatest Hits chart. I was seeing a doctor's PA because the doctor was still on vacation, and it felt like a thousand pounds of pressure were put on my shoulder when he jammed the needle in. I don't think he stopped until he reached my rib cage. On the other side.

Site Meter