Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lazy Jedi

Eli 8.0 was watching a Star Wars DVD.

"Dad, will you change the DVD?" he asked. He was sitting fully six feet from the machine, a yawning chasm.

I laughed.

"It's too bad you're not a Jedi," I said. "You could just use your force power to remove the disc and insert a new one."

"Yeah!" he said. "And when mom wanted me to pick up my clothes, I could just lift them into the hamper."

"I can just hear the wife of a Jedi," I said. "Would you get your lazy butt off the couch just one time? Don't you use force powers to change that video! Don't do it! Argghhh!"

"Hey!" Gloria said. Eli laughed.

"I'd be a member of the Order Of The Lazy Jedi," I said. "I'd use my force powers to take my lazyocity to a new level of power."

"Is 'lazyocity' a real word?" Eli asked.

"It is now," I said.

Site Meter