Thursday, October 29, 2009

If You're Near Nottingham Town Square

A note from DQ reader Ian Hardingham (Mode 7 Games, whose last game was Determinance):
We're officially launching Frozen Synapse at Nottingham Game City (a UK games festival) on October 30th (10 a.m.-5 p.m.). I'll be showing my game for the first time to a load of people in a massive tent in the town square. We're doing something a bit unusual, which is that we're running a competition for the entire day where everyone actually plays against The Developers... that is, me basically. We're running short 5-turn 10 minute matches all day and the person who scores highest against me wins a Novint Falcon Pistol Grip package, a load of indie games from other indie developers helping us out, and some CDs from the record label that's released a couple of Paul's Trance tracks.

I don't know what Frozen Synapse is yet, but Ian's a very clever fellow, so I strongly suspect that it will be interesting and worth the trip.

Site Meter