Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Let The Right One In (#2)

Sean sent me an e-mail in reference to the completely fantastic "Let The Right One In." It's all relevant, so here goes:
Absolutely loved Let the Right One In - best movie I saw last year and my favorite vampire movie, period. Three notes:
1. The site where I work is giving away a copy of the movie (and other cool vampire-y stuff) this week, here:
FEAR net

2. There are 2 versions of the DVD, one of which has vastly inferior subtitles:
subtitle versions and how to tell the difference

Thankfully, the distributor ponied up for the better subtitles and re-released the DVD. Unfortunately, those (like me) who bought early got screwed. Check the back of the package before you buy!

3. The American remake is in production now:
Let Me In

I doubt it'll be as good as the original, but even if it's half as good it'll be better than a lot of sequel/remake American horror.

I'm guessing that the American version will be butchered and entirely formulaic, and gross ten times as much as the original. Argghhh.

Site Meter