Monday, August 02, 2010

Boom Goes The Dynamite

In case you never saw the original.

I can't promise I'm going to get to all of this right away, but I have a ton of things to write about this week. A ton.

Oh, and here's one of them: Bill Abner's impressions of Madden 11. It's fair to say that he has concerns, particularly with the CPU defense. If the sliders work, though, that kind of becomes our job to fix, fair or not. And with as much work as I did last year, I'm hoping that many of the optimum settings last year will still be effective this year.

I also like Gameflow more than Bill does. The idea of setting up play packages based on down and distance, then weighting the probability of individual plays being called, is very appealing to me. It's a subset of how it's done in the real NFL, and I like the idea of not having total control over a play call.

I'll do everything I can to get an early copy, so hopefully there will be a base slider set on launch day. I thought last year's game was an entirely honest effort, and that the design team had a clear vision of the kind of game they wanted, which was almost identical to the kind of game I wanted.

Site Meter