Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Someone Please Sweep Up My Brains

So this Rebecca Black song "Friday" is everywhere. EVERYWHERE.

If you haven't heard it, please watch the video. Yes, it's awful. Really, really awful.

Something about the lyrics, though, stuck in my mind. They sounded familiar, somehow.

These lyrics:
7:45, we’re drivin’ on the highway
Cruisin’ so fast, I want time to fly...

Kickin’ in the front seat
Sittin’ in the back seat
Gotta make my mind up
Which seat can I take?

That sure reminds me of this:
Rollin' down the street, smokin' endo
Sippin' on gin and juice, laid back
With my mind on my money
And my money on my mind

I'm not sure Snoop Dogg would take kindly to the comparison, but "Friday" and "Gin And Juice" are songs from the same genre.

And with that, my brain has exploded.

Site Meter