Monday, May 02, 2011

Clash Of The Titans

I'm on the phone with Gloria 45.9 while I'm standing in an aisle at Fry's.

She sent me to buy an inkjet cartridge.

"This is why you should never send me to the store to buy something," I said. "I'm standing in front of a hot dog steamer shaped like a puppy."

[You can see it here.]

"Oh no," she said.

"A puppy! Is there no end to the sophistication of Western marketing?" I asked.

"Come home immediately," she said.

"You lift the lid, which is his upper body, and you put the hot dogs in his stomach."

"We already have a hot dog steamer," she said, then added, with disdain, "the Hot-Diggity Dogger."

"When the hot dogs are ready, the puppy starts barking," I said.

"I'm not going to be the only family in America that owns TWO hot dog steamers," she said.

"Are you listening to me?" I asked. "He BARKS."

Site Meter