Wednesday, May 11, 2011

King Of The Wild Frontier

You should really go listen to this first.

"Dad, have you ever heard this song?" Eli asked. Then, he sang: "Davey, Davey Crockett, king of the wild frontier."

"Are you kidding me?" I asked. "Of course I've heard it. That was a big song in my childhood. There was a t.v. show about him and everything."

"We're learning about him in school," he said.

"So are you learning the standard or original version of that song?" I asked.

"Uh-oh," Gloria said. You may think that Gloria is automatically inserted into posts of this type just to say "uh-oh" or something similar, but she does indeed say these things.

"How do I tell?" he asked.

"Well, the original version had quite a few more verses," I said. I began to sing: "Davey, Davey Crockett, best darn bowler in the town."

"Nope, we didn't that one," he said.

"What about this one? Davey, Davey Crockett, burned down the neighbor's shed."

"Starting to not believe you now," he said, looking at Gloria.

"Well, what about Davey, Davey Crockett, he called it sherbert, not sorbet?"

"All right, THAT'S IT," he said.

Site Meter