Monday, July 04, 2011

The Stuff Of Legend


“I can't BELIEVE I won a Strawberry Shortcake,” Eli 9.10 said as he returned to the table at Dave & Buster's.

“Hey, I think it's kind of cute,” I said.

“I'm just going to give it to some girl,” he said.

“Hold on,” I said. “Maybe I'll take it.”

“What?” he said.

"Memories," I said.

"What memories do you have of STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE?" he asked.

"Well, I dated her," I said.

“Oh, COME ON,” he said.

“Most people don't know this, but the character of Strawberry Shortcake was based on a real girl named Regina Straw,” I said. “She went to my college and I actually dated her for a while.”

“You seriously expect me to believe that,” he said.

“Believe what you want,” I said. “I'll just enjoy my fond memories. Trivia note: she had absolutely no Strawberry Shortcake-related merchandise in her dorm room.”

"NOT LISTENING," he said.

Site Meter