Wednesday, June 13, 2012

A Bold Proposal



"I called a landscaper about some ideas for the old playscape area, and he's coming over later this week," Gloria said.

"Sounds good," I said.

"I'm hoping we can do some landscaping, maybe a little xeroscaping, and just remake the area."

"That sounds expensive," I said.

"Well, you don't want the back yard to look terrible," she said. "We have to do something." She paused. "I actually have another landscaper in mind, but she hasn't called back yet. We could get several opinions."

"I have an idea that would utilize the existing space very well, and would also generate revenue," I said.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm thinking--hear me out now--a pet cemetery," I said. "It would fit inside the space, we already have plenty of compressed mulch to dig into, and people could let themselves in by the side gate whenever they wanted to spend time with their departed pets."

"I should have known something was up when you sounded enthusiastic," she said.

"Cash positive from day one," I said. "Think about it."

Site Meter