Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pictures!

I'm going to lead off with my favorite picture in this set. I took it outside a middle school where I went to vote in a special Congressional election held a few weeks ago. I looked down as I walked back to my car and saw this, and I thought it was totally striking (click on the picture for a larger image):


I forgot to post a picture that I took at the Johnson Space Center when we visited a few weeks ago. It's the new Mission Control Center (which will be in use in the next 1-2 years), and the difference in this new design and the old is that paper is being virtually eliminated:


When we were at The Pond last week, I saw a message on a dry erase board that's one of the nicest notes from a kid to a parent I've ever seen:


 Boy, you can't beat that.

On our way back from some hockey trip (they've all blurred together at this point), I saw this. Seriously, someone originally bought this?


Next up: a Wii version of "The Desk Set".

Finally, we have "heavy item pickup" this week in our neighborhood, and our neighbor put out their Christmas tree for pick-up--seven weeks after Christmas. Not an artificial tree, mind you. I'm guessing if you walked within twenty feet of this it would burst into flames:


 I just want to know if the ornaments were still on it the whole time.

Site Meter