Wednesday, November 04, 2015

The Big Three

Since Eli 14.4 is in high school now, the tests are more difficult now.

[Important but non-sequential fact: he had a paid juggling gig a few weeks ago at a Halloween festival. He juggled clubs, balls, etc. with a partner for three hours, and at times, they juggled in front of 200+ people. And his card magic skills have reached the point where he could make money doing magic shows as well.]

He studied for 15+ hours for a Biology test, which the teacher said was the hardest test imaginable. No one had scored over an 80 last year on the test, and everybody was depending on the curve. Eli said if he scored an 80 (before the curve), he'd be thrilled.

Then, after he took the test, he said he studied for all the wrong things and none of them were on the test. Not looking good.

I was in the school parking lot yesterday and he threw his stuff in and sat down.

"Good seeing you, buddy," I said. "How was your day?"

"Good," he said. I started driving out of the parking lot. "Oh," he said, "remember that Biology test?"

"I do," I said. "Did you get your test back?"

"I did," he said.

"What did you make?"

"A ninety-nine," he said, laughing.

"What?" I said. "That's ridiculous!"

"I know," he said. "I missed ONE question."

"Man, you are really over-achieving in your Big Three," I said.

"What are those?" he asked.

"Hockey, Academics, and Magic," I said.

He laughed. "I don't know if anyone else on Earth has those as their Big Three," he said.

"Well," I said, "not likely, maybe, but if anyone---"

"If anyone does, I hope it's a girl!" he said, laughing.


Site Meter