Thursday, February 11, 2016

Firewatch (final impressions)

It took me a little over four hours to finish Firewatch.

It's an internal journey combined with a ripping yarn. The voice acting is absolutely superb, as is the dialogue.

There are rough moments, but there are also outstanding, deeply affecting ones, moments that will stick with me long after I've forgotten every detail of fifty other games.

I think the reason I've bounced off a few other, somewhat similar games is that they always ask questions about other characters. "Who are these people? " is the question I'm trying to answer.

In Firewatch, I spent the entire game asking "Who am I?" I was asking real questions about myself in terms of the dialogue choices I made, and that experience was substantial and worthwhile.


Site Meter