Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Stardew Valley (#2)

I can't remember the last time I saw a game generate as much goodwill as Stardew Valley.

Here's an example:
Stardew Valley Players Fight Piracy By Buying Pirates The Game.

Seriously, on what planet does this ever happen? Did every person at the Gamers With Jobs forums suddenly infect 100 other people with this level of niceness?

Plus, this game has sold over 250,000 copies. 250,000. One guy made this game!

It's going to sell a million copies, too. It's that good. It's just a brilliantly designed, detailed game, with so much to do and explore.

Eli 14.7 and I play it every chance we get, and then we swap stories.

Yesterday:
"George needed a hot pepper for his arthritis, and when I gave it to him, he said 'Took you long enough.' "

"Oh, that's so George," Eli said, laughing.

"Stop talking about people who aren't real as if they're real--you're confusing me!" Gloria said. "You're both more social in the game than you are in real life?"

"And that's a problem why?" I asked.

"Exactly," Eli said.

Site Meter