Thursday, September 01, 2016

Tougher Than I Thought

I've only been in this air cast for nine days, and it's already driving me nuts.

Things I'm looking forward to:
--Taking a shower standing up.
Sitting in a tub to take a shower really, really sucks.
--Walking to the bathroom at night.
Waking up at 4 in the morning (thanks, cats!) and needing to go to the bathroom means I either strap on the air cast (which takes several minutes) or I just sit on my butt and scooch to the bathroom on the floor. I'm scooching.
--Going down the stairs.
The stairs down to the lower level are very narrow (because it's an older house). 100% not negotiable in my current situation.
--Working out.
This is driving me crazy. I'm doing push-ups (balancing on one foot, which is harder than I expected), but there's not much I can do on one leg. I'm going to the gym starting tomorrow or Saturday and doing upper body stations, because I can't stand to sit around any more. Maybe I can pedal a stationary bike with one leg or something.

I could swim if I could find my swimming stuff, but that's in a box somewhere that was never unpacked.

Site Meter