Monday, December 19, 2016

Friday the 13th, Winter Edition

I drove Eli 15.4 to Detroit today for a goalie lesson.

It was about 10F outside with a wind chill below zero. Sunny, though, and beautiful.

We stopped in Lansing for lunch on our way down. My windshield reservoir had frozen (because I was lazy and hadn't drained it before topping off with no-freeze solution), which was not good, because there was a bit of muck on the windshield.

I did have a bottle of water in the back seat, though, so I took it and poured it on the windshield.

I got back in the car and sat down. "Hey, you better turn the wipers on before that freezes," Eli said, and we both looked at each other and laughed. Winter humor.

Then we looked up.

"AHHHHHHHHHH!" we both shouted at the same time, like when the guy with the machete pops out of the shadows in a horror movie.

The water on the windshield was completely frozen.



Site Meter