Tuesday, July 03, 2018

A Sincere Wish

We were watching something on the hotel television in Duluth and death came up. This is a rarity.

"Do you want a funeral when you die?" Eli 16.11 asked.

"No," I said. "But I don't matter at that point. If it helps you guys have closure or something, then do it."

"What would you have if you could choose?"

I thought for a few seconds.

"Mini-golf," I said.

"What?" he asked, laughing.

"A mini-golf tournament," I said. "With trophies, and lots of snacks. Come for the dead guy, but stay for the mini-golf and the all-you-can-eat pretzel sticks."

"Actually, I like that," he said.

"Me, too," I said. "Why come and be sad? I want people to say, 'He might not have been a huge success in life, but you can't argue with this kind of quality mini-golf tournament in death.' "

Site Meter