Wednesday, August 01, 2018

Madden 19 (PC)

I joined Origin Access Premier earlier this week for $99.99 for the year. Having access to all of EA's PC titles on release for just north of $8 a month is a compelling deal, and with Madden on the PC this year, it was too much to pass up.

Bonus: I'm playing Madden six days before the official release because of my subscription. That's a win.

Madden was on the PC platform back during the zeppelin era, then had a multi-decade absence for no apparent reason. It's back this year, though, which shocked just about everyone.

I've played for about an hour.

First off, holy cow this looks amazing. With a 1080ti, I've got every setting maxed out and it's running at a steady 60FPS at 2560x1440. Stunning.

Plus, some of the details that Madden often neglects seem solid this year. In particular, player speed (set at "normal") is very impressive. With only minor tinkering, players are running at the speed they run in real life. Yes, that's the first thing I do, and yes, I'm insane.

I'm not going to say there aren't some odd Madden annoyances here, because that's a given, but for once, I'm impressed.

It's only been an hour. Don't count your chickens.

Site Meter