Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Priorities

Gloria went to Chicago for two days last weekend.

When she got home on Monday night, she started telling me about her trip, particularly her visit to The Art Institute of Chicago. We went through many painters and dozens of photographs, then she offhandedly said, "Oh, we saw an Amazon Go store, but we didn't have time to go in."

"Wait, what?" I asked. "Look, Cezanne and Monet are fine, really amazing, but walking into a convenience store and not having to check out is huge! Are you telling me you didn't stop and experience that?"

"Well, you had to download an app--"

"Which would take you sixty seconds," I said.

"We really couldn't do everything we wanted to do," she said.

"Again, let me explain that you walk into a store, gather your items, and walk out. You pay automatically. That is cutting-edge, futuristic technology. Available time is not relevant."

Site Meter