Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Ugh

I've been struggling with that calf strain for several weeks now.

We've still played tennis a few times a week, with somewhat restricted movement for me, and it was still fun. Not quite the same as going full out, but we have both been hitting the ball really well.

Yesterday Eli 18.9 hit a short ball that was right in the decision zone. When I'm healthy, I'd go for it every time, but I'd been letting most of those balls go now. I decided to go for it, and I was about halfway there when I felt a pain in my calf that was much more intense.

Done.

I was able to walk back to the car, but it took a while. Definitely a considerably more serious injury now. I'm doing the usual things to protect it, but it's going to be a while. If I can walk 10-15 minutes normally within a week, I'll consider it a big win.

Site Meter