Thursday, July 02, 2020

Morning

I talked to Mom 90.3 yesterday, and she mentioned that she'd been unable to sleep the night before.

I said I generally slept well.

So, inevitably, I woke up this morning at 4:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. I stayed in bed for a while, then gave up, had breakfast, and started editing at 5:30.

I had to move my car this morning to another street, due to some maintenance work, and on the walk back I realized how much I enjoy the mornings here. It's going to be very hot for the next week--low nineties--but even then, it's always in the sixties first thing. It's cool.

In Austin, in summer, it's never cool. Even dawn is in the mid-seventies, often higher, and it's never better than a slow boil. There's no chance to recover from the heat of the previous day.

So it was a nice walk, and I'm writing this before I sit down and start editing again. I'm trying to get another few hours in before I start to feel sluggish and tired, because you know that's coming.

Oh, random golf note. Eli 18.11 shot a 37 for nine holes earlier this week. He'll be breaking par soon. When you hit a seven-iron 210 yards (a seven iron!), golf courses are short, and his consistency has really improved.

Site Meter