Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Texts and Sweaters and Christmas, Oh My

 I unveiled this bad boy on Christmas Eve:


"Whataburger" is a beloved burger chain in Texas, and I saw the sweater and felt like its provenance, in combination with possibly the worst shade of orange in existence, made for a special holiday treat. 

It was well received. 

"Oh my god," Gloria said, laughing. 

"Nice sweater, dad," Eli 19.4, also laughing. 

"I was going to wear it on Christmas, but given the entertainment value, I thought it deserved two days," I said. Which it did, and I have to say that it's actually a very comfortable sweater, as long as I don't have to look at it.

On Christmas Day, we were sitting around after lunch, and I got a text from a good friend. "You know, it's really nice to hear from people who care about you on Christmas Day," I said. 

A few minutes later, I got another text, which I read aloud:
I just wanted to take a minute to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy year, most of all good health! These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random shit and send it on. So after all we've been through together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy and fulfilling 2018 - you’re the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes,
Helen

"Wait, 'gymnastics group'? '2018'? What's happening?" Eli asked.

"Like I said, hearing from the people who genuinely care for you is what it's all about," I said.

Site Meter