Thursday, February 18, 2021

The Door (not to be confused with The Room, although there is a resemblance)

I spent ninety minutes opening a door today. 

Just a door. 

Not a door in my physical space, but the book's space. And this character had to go through a door, and I couldn't get it right. 

For an hour and a half. 

Why, no, that's not annoying at all. Thank you for asking. 

There's a thing that I have accidentally developed as a result of writing every morning three centuries. I can hear rough edges so clearly now that I can't stand to have one. 

The consequences of this "skill" is that I can write an entire page of door opening sentences and know immediately that every single one of them is wrong. It's like fingernails running down a chalkboard. 

Thus concludes this edition of The Monkey's Paw.

Site Meter