Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Two Tales Told in Texts

One of my very good friends was in a situation last weekend where he had to be social for several consecutive days with a family he really didn't want to see. He spent the first two days min-maxing the situation, then texted me this on Saturday night:
In case you're wondering, meal #3 is when you run out of things to say to people you don't really want to be around.

I texted back:
That's meal #1 for me. 

Hmm, I guess that's a tale about me, in the end. Footnote: he survived. 

Second tale. Eli 19.10, after driving back from Glacier National Park in two days (12+ hours on the road each day), arrived at 2:00 a.m. this morning. I had intended to be there to give him a hug, but that was too late for even my highest ambition. 

I figured he'd be exhausted today. 

Instead, when I woke up, I had this text waiting for me:
2:11 AM
Hey, text me in the morning if you want to golf early, maybe tee off around 9!

I believe if we extracted his energy core it would power an entire nation.

Site Meter