Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Adult Supervision Was Clearly Needed

I was in charge of the tree this year. Everything about that previous sentence is wrong. 

We agreed that there wouldn't be a big tree this year. We didn't want to copy what the holidays were like with Gloria, because it didn't seem like it would be respectful. 

I saw a real but half-sized tree at the grocery store and thought it would be just right. 

It wasn't until I got it home that I realized it had a lean. A substantial lean. Enormous, really, and since the stand was already installed, I couldn't fix it. 

Then I decorated it. Poorly. Your result:


 







Charlie Brown would have rejected this tree.

Eli 20.4 was pleased. "That's so terrible it's almost charming," he said. "It looks like it was decorated by a child."

"It was," I said. "Sure, it's short and bent, but that tree has a high compete level."

"It's a student of the game," Eli said, laughing. "With a high motor."

Site Meter