Wednesday, March 02, 2022

Goliath

I got an excellent deal on a refurbished Quest 2 from Amazon, so I took the plunge and ordered one a few weeks ago. I also ordered lenses  that use my prescription and fit over the Quest lenses, so I don't have to wear glasses. 

Well, that makes a huge difference. 

I didn't think I'd be impressed with the Quest 2, but I'm actually much closer to blown away after using it for a few days. The setup was simple and very efficient, and the intro programs (First Steps and First Contact) are extremely well-done. The image is very clear, the games are fun, and not having any wires makes a huge difference. 

I'm also very interested in unusual experiences that virtual reality can provide, which is why I downloaded Goliath (free), an interactive experience of schizophrenia. It's immersive and very powerful, and it definitely opened my eyes to the width of experiences virtual reality can provide. 

If you're wondering about nausea, John Harwood let me know that the games are rated for different levels of barf. The "Comfortable" label on a game means I can play it with only minor discomfort. I haven't even tried any games that aren't at that level. Still getting my sea legs. 

Site Meter