Monday, April 11, 2022

A Whirlwind

Okay, I'm back. 

I was in England from March 31 to April 6, with Eli 20.8, and it was just great. 

I'm going to tell you all about it, starting tomorrow, but today, I'll tell you about my birthday present and what it's allowing me to do. 

One of my longest, dearest friends sent me a video card. A very, very fast video card. Which suddenly meant I could play Microsoft Flight Simulator (thanks, Game Pass) on my PC at very high levels of detail. 

Since I left last Wednesday, Eli has:
--gone to the Champions League quarterfinal of Real Madrid vs. Chelsea.
--flown to Poland.
--driven with a friend from Poland to Czechia.















--continued on to Slovakia.















--gone back to Poland. He went to Auschwitz yesterday.
--flown to Greece. He's on the island of Corfu right now. 

That's right. Five days. 

I realized that if I can get through the Flight Simulator tutorials reasonably quickly, I can fly over some of the places he's been visiting. So I'm training up and will hopefully fly over Corfu tonight. It's a nice way to get a bigger look at his travels than I can get from photographs. 

Site Meter