Monday, May 09, 2022

Parenting

Here's the good story. 

On my way back from England, I was at Heathrow and found some benches to sit on before my flight. The benches were right next to the walking escalators, so I saw a man with his daughter (she was probably around three).

She was wearing flowery yoga pants and looked adorable, and she was holding hands with her dad and they were talking. Then he leaned down to her and said, "You've got loads of promise," and it almost made me tear up a little. He said it in such a gentle, kind way.

The other story. 

I was walking to the pool on Friday and I was behind a woman with two little boys, who were walking in predictably ridiculous fashion. She looked at them and said, "All right. Let's stop having fancy feet."

I thought to myself, "Why would anyone EVER want to stop having fancy feet? Isn't that the whole point?"

Site Meter