Thursday, June 16, 2022

Steaming

It was 93 on Tuesday here with a heat index of 105.

That's not unprecedented, for Western Michigan (Canada), but it's very, very rare. And Wednesday was supposed to hit 96, but didn't quite make it there. 

One of the things I'd never experienced before moving up north was a basement. There's one in the house, though, and finished basements are fantastic. They're colder in summer and warmer in winter, and they're darker than upstairs, and I find nothing but positives in all of those things. 

I hadn't turned on the air conditioner upstairs because I was curious to see how warm it would get before I noticed it (no fans, either). 

79.5F was when I started feeling a little heated. 

In the basement, though, it was still a frosty 74.1F. Dark and cool. So I spent quite a bit of time in the basement during the "heat wave."

What I clearly need to do is just build a house underground.

Site Meter