Wednesday, August 03, 2022

You've Got A Friend In Me

I'm going to be a bit vague about some things in this story, because I don't want to get anyone in trouble. 

We were at an unnamed state bureau doing unnamed official activities, and while we were at the counter I started talking to the clerk. There were two clerks, actually--a new person and the experienced clerk training him. 

I talked to the experienced one. 

"I wish it wasn't so busy," I said, "because I'd like to ask you about some of the things people have told you. I can only imagine what you've heard."

"Oh, it's not just heard," he said. "One day, a guy came in for a transaction, and I saw something moving in his pocket. Then I saw a little head poke out. 'What's in your pocket?' I asked. The guy pulled a chicken out of his pocket--not a full-grown chicken, but not a chick, either. 'This is my emotional support animal,' the guy said. A chicken. And I thought I'd seen everything."

I was hoping for a great story, but that exceeded all my expectations.

Site Meter