Thursday, September 08, 2022

The Illusion

There are very few skills in life where you can feel like you have the skill when you don't. 

Sports? Nope. Writing? Absolutely not. Carpentry? I don't think so. Guitar? Try again.

The list goes on and on. There is one skill, however, where you can absolutely fool yourself. 

Singing. 

I'm a terrible singer (and Gloria might have been worse). I can't hit a note. I have a tiny vocal range. I'm legitimately awful. 

In the car, though, with a song playing, I can sing along and somehow, it's magical. To my ears, it sounds like I'm absolutely in tune and just killing it with the singing. 

Then I turn the radio off and try to keep singing by myself. Oh, the horror. 

In the shower it seems like I can sing, too, because of the unique acoustics. I can't, though. 

I really, really can't.

Site Meter