Monday, November 28, 2022

Thanksgiving

We had an ironic Thanksgiving. 

Most likely, it would have been the last Thanksgiving together for Eli 21.3, Gloria, and me. She was going to sell the house after Eli graduated and probably move back near Austin. I would have moved somewhere warmer, but not Texas. 

Instead, it was our first Thanksgiving together without her. 

I still wanted the traditional cinnamon roll turkeys for breakfast, and told him I would handle it. "It's perfect," I said. "Even if I totally screw these up, we'll still have cinnamon rolls."

"Low stakes," he said, laughing. 

So Thursday morning, I got up and made these:















Not nearly as good-looking as when Gloria made them, but with considerably more bacon. 

It was warm enough for traditional Thanksgiving Day tennis (which we've been doing for over a decade now):















I've never played with that much snow around the courts, and it was only 40F, but we've played in worse. Much worse. 

After we came back, Eli handled lunch. Turkey avocado BLTs with pancetta. 















It was one of the best sandwiches I've ever had. Genuinely spectacular.

We watched the World Cup, and the NFL, and college football that night, and we laughed and told stories all day long. 

Truly, it was one of my favorite Thanksgivings ever. 

Site Meter