Tuesday, August 01, 2023

This Doesn't Feel Like the Future and Also Japan

I'll hit 60,000 words by the weekend, so I'm about 75% done with the first draft. If I time it correctly, it will be done right at the end of August. 

Why the end of August? Because in September, Eli 22.0 and I are going to Japan.

He's asked me occasionally over the years where I'd go if I could choose anywhere, and my answer has always been Japan and Norway. 

I know why I want to go to Japan: a deep love of gaming and gaming history and extreme politeness. No mystery there.

Norway? I have no idea, except it seems like everyone (even prisoners) is treated humanely. 

Eli said he was giving me a "reverse graduation present," which is very on-brand for him. That present it a trip to Japan, where we can see Nintendo World, the Murakami museum, a Nippon Professional Baseball game (go Yakult Swallows!), and about a thousand other things, including staying at a capsule hotel.

That's the thing about Eli. When you're with him, no fields lie fallow. 

Site Meter