Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Chopsticks Wrangler

I told Eli 22.1 a story years ago (when he was probably version 10.0) about the time I went fishing for striped bass, and every time someone hooked up, they'd yell "Fish on!" That phrase makes an appearance every two or three years now, which is very on-brand for us, because almost everything we say is connected to something we've said before.

We stayed at a monastery for two nights in Minobu, which is a very small area not far away from Mount Fuji. It was beautiful, of course. Here's the view from our room:


 









In our time in Japan, everything--even the smallest thing--was beautifully presented. This was our dinner:











And this was the view at dinner:









I practiced with chopsticks before we left, and I was self-sufficient, but I struggled with some of he larger foods. I was trying to wrangle a big piece of something, and Eli was getting more and more amused (so was I), until finally he looked at me and said "Fish on!" 

Then, of course, I couldn't use chopsticks at all, because I couldn't stop laughing.

Here's a picture of us (I know, I never put up pictures of myself, but this is an exception):









Site Meter